April 4th, 2024 Watch List

Markets closed mixed on Wednesday, with the S&P squeezing out a .11% gain while the Dow closed slightly in the red. Asia stocks also closed mixed overnight while Europe indexes are mostly higher. U.S. futures are pointing to a higher open, the Dollar and Gold are lower while Oil and Yields are higher.

And here is my Rant from yesterday if you missed : https://www.optionmillionaires.com/jb-afternoon-rant-april-3rd-2024/

Markets closed mixed yesterday, with the S&P putting a halt to its 3 session losing streak. Fed Chair Powell spoke at Stanford yesterday and his comments did little to change expectations for rate cuts. The market is still giving a 61% probability of a cut at the June meeting. All this means is the CPI data, due out next week on the 10th, will be extremely important. A hotter than expected number and things will get interesting. Either way, will be something to watch. The SPY gapped lower at yesterday's open, before re-capturing that $518.40 handle. It broke into the $520s but then found late day sellers to close at $519.41. Still have that $518.40 area as support if sellers come back in today while that $524 area looks like resistance:

What a day yesterday for some of the individual names I am in:

SPOT announced they were raising prices along with adding a new subscription tier. The stock soared in the pre-market and gapped higher at the open. I was able to close some of my calls I added Tuesday for over 1500% at the open. SPOT chopped around for most of the day and I watched premiums erode. I didn't want to lose more profits so I closed the last of my calls out for over 1300%. Sure enough SPOT spikes into the close over $290. As much as I think it can test $300 soon, will likely wait for a pullback to re-enter. Sure was a fun one:

DELL rallied nearly 9% yesterday on no news or catalyst. I was waiting for the tight bollinger band break-out and finally got it(just like SPOT). I closed some of my DELL calls for 200% and 300% and still holding some for the possible move over $130. Call me crazy, but I think this can overshoot to at least $135. I may actually start looking for some $150+ strikes as well today. The last of my $130 calls closed up over 500%. I will likely close a few more today and then hold the rest:

ACB soared again yesterday, closing up 44% and is now up 64% for the week. My $7 calls I added for .20 closed 1.46 x 1.60 or 700%+. I used the move yesterday to lock some of the calls in for 100% and 500%. Will look to close a few more out today and may look for some higher strikes as well. Think this cannabis theme is not going anywhere anytime soon, if anything I think it gains more steam:

CGC also soared over 30% and I used the move to close more of my Apr 10 calls for nearly 700%. Of course I wish I still had my Apr 19th $8 calls from .18 which are now $3.10 but can't fault myself for taking profits, especially on a name that has been so volatile as of late. Still think $17-18 coming. May actually look at some June strikes today ontop of the last of my Apr 10 and May 15 calls. I expect more wild swings in the coming days, so will continue to be a tough hold:

Surprised IIPR has failed to rally with the rest of the space but I think it is more of a function of being a REIT and falling with those names. Still bullish IIPR and may look for more strikes today on strength:

I finally added those RILY calls. It's a hero or zero play. If the company comes out with their filing and its somewhat clean, the stock will squeeze into the mid-high $30s (and maybe higher). If there are issues in the filing, think it trades down and my calls will take a hit. I like the risk reward and will look to close some of my calls out to cover costs when I get a chance and ride the rest. That $25 handle breaks could really gain some traction, so a spot to watch today:

I also added some NNOX calls. The stock soared after a filing shows NVDA had a nearly $400k position in the company. It is small but I think speaks volumes. Think NNOX will work its way to $13 or so in the coming days - you can hear my thoughts on NNOX on the rant (link above):

Want to see PYPL back over that $67 handle. Still hopeful on a move into the $70s in the coming days:

Still holding my MDB its as a hedge and they are serving their purpose. They were actually nearly a double yesterday morning. Will likely just continue to hold, possibly to expiry... though I think it looks susceptible:

For the first time in a while, won't mention the GLP-1 names... I am still bullish but they need a kick - M&A would work...

And lastly, SE looks interesting here. If it finds a bid today I may start looking for some calls to play for a move back over $60 in the next week or two:

And here is what I am watching today: IIPR, SE, CGC, ACB, RILY, VKTX, TERN, MDB, SNOW, SPOT, EW, ISRG, CDLX,, DELL, AVGO, NOW, LRCX, GPCR, NFLX, PYPL, RDDT, IWM, ADBE, and ACB.

Let's have a great day!


JimmyBob (Scott)has been trading equities for over 15 years, a majority of which were OTC micro-cap stocks. He started trading high risk stock options over the past 7 years, and has proven winning trades in excess of 15,000%.

As one of the Co-Founders of optionmillionaires.com, Scott enjoys sharing his knowledge with other investors through timely blog posts, daily watch lists in the forum, weekly webinars, and helpful advice within the chatroom.

More Posts by JB: View All | Private Twitter Feed: Access Now! (For Diamond Members)