Monday Morning Reads
- Fear and Opportunity
- Can Earnings Spark a Rebound?
- What Happens After a Huge Down Day?
- Panic Isn't Good Enough
- Bear Market Started?
- EU plans to provide funding for electric battery plants (TSLA). FT Report
- China's freeze on video game approvals might extend until next year (GAME, SOGO, TCEHY). FT Report
- U.S. regulators will vote this week to remove oversight of Prudential (PRU). WSJ Report
- Manulife (MFC) shareholders want company to explain why it failed to disclose details of key court case. Reuters Report
- Disney (DIS) plans to offer EU concessions related to Fox (FOXA) M&A deal. Reuters Report
- Saudi tensions weigh on futures, spark oil price warning
- Sears files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- JPMorgan, Ford cancel plans for Saudi summit
- Fiber damage trouble for Verizon after Michael
- Apple buys music analytics startup Asaii
- Disney offers EU concessions over Fox deal
- Fortis declares CAD 0.45 dividend
- KNOT Offshore Partners declares $0.52 dividend
From The Weekend:
- Positive views on FB, GOOG, AAPL, AMZN, NFLX profiled. Barron's Report
- Positive view on Dell (DYMT) profiled. Barron's Report
- Cautious view on Tesla (TSLA) profiled. Barron's Report
- Positive view on Bauer (BAYRY) profiled. Barron's Report
- Positive view on In Bev (BUD) profiled. Barron's Report
- Positive views on BAC, JPM, WFC, SCHW profiled. Barron's Report
- Canada set to legalize recreational marijuana on Wednesday (TLRY, CRON, MJ). Las Vegas Journal Report
- UK officials will start initial investigation into online companies (GOOG, FB, TWTR, SNAP). Telegraph UK Report
- Investors plan to ask Unilever (UN, UL) questions over the future of CEO Paul Polman. Sunday Times UK Report
- IndiGo plans wide body jet orders from Airbus (EADSY) and Boeing (BA). Reuters Report
- Barclays (BCS) plans to challenge Goldman (GS) and introduce digital only retail banking service. FT Report
- Ford (F) Chairman has cancelled his appearance at a Saudi Investment Conference amid controversy over missing journalist. Reuters Report
- JP Morgan (JPM) CEO Jamie Dimon will also not attend the conference. FT Report.
- Apple (AAPL) plans to acquire music startup Asaii (P, SIRI). Axios Report.
Earnings This Week:
Some implied moves for earnings next week:$BAC 4.8%$GS 5.6%$JNJ 3.8%$NFLX 10.3%$IBM 5.7% $ABT 4.6%$AXP 5.0%$ISRG 7.2%$PYPL 7.4%$UNH 4.4%$LRCX 6.9%$DPZ 7.3%$BLK 5.0%$HON 4.5%$GWW 10.4%$ETFC 7.2%$URI 8.5%$CREE 10.4%$TXT 6.1% https://t.co/cyO0PyHIFy
— Option Millionaires (@OMillionaires) October 13, 2018