Good morning! Stock futures are lower to start the day. Yesterdays trading action sent the S&P500 and NASDAQ to fresh all time record highs.
This is UPB... JB again will be out for most of the day and tomorrow as well. Some well deserved R&R.
You can read yesterdays watchlist to find out what I think about the markets here.
and here are todays reads, open interest, news etc,
$FSLY reports earnings tonight. I locked in 2/3rds of my position on yesterdays 7% rally. I'll likely hold the rest into the report. The stock crumbled after reporting earnings last quarter.. so be wary of that.
$TLRY strong yesterday. I locked in 1/2 of my calls and look to lock in another 1/4 soon after the open today. The chart looks to be turning again and momentum gets strong with this one. Perhaps another move over $20 is in the cards.
$DBX reports after the bell today. I got some $19.50 calls for the report. I think a well recived report could send this stock back over $20. Of course it could easily go the other way. I like the long term chart break. Let's see what happens tonight.
$MMM I was able to get half my calls out to cover cost before the stock pulle d back. I'll likely hold whats left into tomorrows session.
I'll be looking for a few trades today, probably more of the buy the dip trade than anything else. With futures modestly lower a mid-day dip buy may be in the cards.
Notable Research Calls For Thursday, February 20
Have a great day everyone!!
Movers this morning --->>
In reaction to strong earnings/guidance:
- STMP +35.1%, ZG +16.5%, DPZ +16%, CYH +14.5%, CAR +11.9%, TXMD +8.8%, CSTM +8.5%, UCTT +7.8%, PRDO +7.4%, XEC +7.3% (also increases dividend), MANT +7%, SNN +6.9%, COMM +6.8%, TRN +6.4%, CGEN +6.3%, MX +6%, i +6%, IMAX +5.1%, SEDG +4.4%, KL +3.6%, TSLX +3.5%, GDOT +3.3%, AGI +3.1%, PXD +2.7% (also increases dividend), MASI +2.6%, LASR +2.6%, MOS +2.4%, HFC +2.3%, ALB +2.2%, SUN +2.2%, FMS +2.2%, EPAM +2.1%, HCC +1.9%, SNBR +1.9%, SYNH +1.9%, SM +1.8%, NCLH +1.7%, FOCS +1.6%, TRGP +1.5%, OGS +1.4%, OVV +1.4%, AROC +1.3%, AEP +1.3%, AROC +1.2%, OIS +1.1%, AXTI +1%
- IOTS +55.2% (to be acquired by Dialog Semiconductor for $12.55 per share)
- ETFC +24.6% (to be acquired by Morgan Stanley in all-stock transaction valued at approx. $13 bln)
- MPC +4.2% (Seven & I Holdings is in discussions to purchase MPC's Speedway gas stations for $22 bln, according to Bloomberg)
- ACM +1% (attributed to M&A speculation)
- RMAX +3.3% (increases dividend)
- FL +0.7% (increases dividend)
- ELAN +0.5% (signs deal with MRK to divest Vecoxan for $55 mln)
- LZB +1.5% (upgraded to Buy from Hold at Stifel)
- ADI +1% (upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup)
In reaction to disappointing earnings/guidance:
- TVTY -37.6% (also CEO resigns), SIX -17.7%, OSUR -10.8%, NVTA -9.1%, LOPE -9.1%, VIAC -7.8%, CPRT -7.3%, TEN -7.2%, SAM -6.9%, WIX -6%, MD -5.6%, AAN -5.6%, RGEN -5.2%, SPTN -4.9%, BCOV -4.3%, CDE -3.8%, CLF -3.7%, QTWO -3.2%, CAKE -3.1%, RCM -3.1%, H -3%, SNPS -2.9%, RETA -2.7%, VMI -2.2%, CONE -2.1%, IAG -1.9%, PE -1.8%, JACK -1.8%, SO -1.8%, PAAS -1.7%, ICLR -1.3%, CAMT -1.2%, GIL -1.1%, VTR -1.1%, VC -1%
- MS -3.6% (to acquire ETFC for $13 bln)
- BTAI -17.6% (prices offering of 2 mln shares of common stock at $32.00 per share)
- AXGT -8.4% (prices offering of 14,031,336 shares of common stock at $3.75 per share)
- HRTX -5.9% (announces extension of review period for NDA for HTX-011; new PDUFA goal date is June 26)
- IRT -5.6% (announces 8.5 mln share offering)
- TU -3.1% (stock offering)
- TEVA -2.4% (trials for deutetrabenazine fail to meet the primary endpoint)
- APAM -1.3% (stock offering)
- ENDP -1% (names new CEO)
- BE -4.9% (downgraded to Mkt Perform from Outperform at Raymond James)
- CTL -2.5% (downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at BofA/Merrill)
- AAXN -1.5% (downgraded to Equal-Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley)
- AMD -0.7% (downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Wells Fargo)